My Charley Girl

My Charley Girl

Friday, October 15, 2010

Canceled Heart Catheterization

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I cancelled Charlotte's heart cath in the middle of the night. I feel guilty because I cancelled it yesterday after finding out she had an ear infection. Then called them back and explained that it was a minor ear infection, she hasn't had a fever or runny nose and they decided to go ahead with it, but told me if she came down with fever overnight to call and cancel. Then she woke up last night, I had been up late already getting things together for the morning, and at that point I just threw my hands in the air so to speak. It became evident that I was trying to push getting this done because well, I worry and want to know how she is doing. I was tired, she is tired, and it just wasn't worth putting us all through misery when we weren't 100% to begin with. The process is hard enough trying to occupy her all day, getting her to drink the nasty sedative med, and then putting in her IV when she's half way out of it. Once she gets groggy she gets kind of cranky, and when she wakes up having to be still is well, almost impossible for a toddler. We need to be on top of our game for these procedures and just weren't going to be.
I'm sure the doctor and nurses in the cath lab were like "this mom is crazy" but so be it, I suppose they'd be half right, I am a little crazy at times, LOL:) Jason let me sleep this morning and I slept until noon, I can't even remember the last time I did that. So, I know I've been running on empty. I'm letting myself off the hook and will let you know when we reschedule.

Thank you and keep praying,
Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Of course we are alway going to continue praying for Charlotte and your entire family! You do what you can - that's all any of us can do when we realized our limits! It helps prevents mishaps.

    I'm so glad I finally got to this site. Barb has been keeping us posted, as well as the old Care Pages site. But this is good.
    xo Nina in Jersey

    ReplyDelete