My Charley Girl

My Charley Girl

Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11, 2011

Hello there,

Writing from another GREAT day in the ICU and Cardiac unit at Childrens Hospital of Michigan my favorite place;) As a precursor I must warn you I am literally going on maybe three hours of sleep in an upright chair where I laid my head on the bedside table to sleep in between bouts of Charlotte screaming, kicking and freaking out so what I write may not make any sense. Jason said as much as he was talking to me this evening while we ate.

Charlotte seems to be on the mend, the doctors are confident that this was not a heart failure incident, but most likely brought on by a stomach virus. She was very cranky today, had full strength during her tantrums and seems just plain done with all of this. No one could touch her, or talk to her until later this evening after her popsicle. She ate a little bit, but I think because they were giving her fluids was not very thirsty.

We were moved from the ICU to the cardiac unit about two hours ago and holy moly I was ready to hand her to the nurses and say "good luck", "call me when she calms down". She woke up everyone on the 4th floor and of course her roommate is this sweet baby girl who was sleeping calmly and peacefully as Charlotte threw an ultra temper tantrum. Mom and I were trying to reason with her and figure out what to do to make her better but it was pure hell for a half hour, maybe hour.

I am so glad my mom is here with me because it was rough going it alone last night and most of today. Sorry Mom for being snappy when you were just trying to help, I REALLY do appreciate you and Dad very much.

I finally got Charley's Yo Gabba Gabba game up on Nickjr and she passed out a bit ago with none of her leads on, they salined her IV for later, and they took no vitals. Thankfully the nurse waited until she was completely out and they took her off the fluids. We breathed a sigh of relief that the little monster did not stir.

This has been a horrible day, with very few calm happy go lucky Charley moments and running on no sleep is not helping. So I plan on heading to the Ronald McDonald house where my lovely brother in laws Mom is thankfully working this weekend and passing out.

I am REALLY hoping tomorrow is a better day and we get out of here because I think Charlotte can't handle much more. Pray she drinks, pees, has a bowel movement, and eats like a champ so they let us OUT;) And preferably does them in her diaper and not on me as seems to be the trend these last few days:)

Thank you for continued support, love and prayers. YAWN, YAWN GOODNIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment